Solleys Farms Ice Cream Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales, also using the names of Solley’s Ice Cream & Solley’s Ice Cream Parlour and owner of the website www.solleysicecream.co.uk.
We are committed to respecting your privacy rights and maintaining the security of your data is a priority at Solleys Farms Ice Cream. We will always handle your data fairly & legally and will be transparent about what data we collect and how we use it.
How we use your personal data:
- to provide goods and services to you;
- to manage any registered account(s) that you hold with us;
- to verify your identity;
- for crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes;
- with your agreement & only if you have opted in, to contact you electronically about promotional offers and products and services which we think may interest you;
- where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
Marketing – Promotional Communications
Solleys Farms Ice Cream Ltd uses your personal data for electronic (email) marketing purposes only (with your consent through signing up to receive these communications) to keep you up to date with the latest news, events & offers.
You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time, by:
- Changing the marketing preferences on your Mailchimp account with Solleys Farms Ice Cream.
- By using the simple “unsubscribe” link in emails.
- Contacting Solleys Farms Ice Creams via the contact channels given at the end of this policy.
Sharing data with third parties
We will never share, sell or rent your data to third parties for marketing reasons. We do work with other service providers including IT & marketing service providers who we may need to share your personal data with. We only allow service providers to handle your personal data when we have confirmed they apply appropriate data protection and security controls.
In addition to our own suppliers, we may share your data with:
- governmental bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals and insurers where we are required to do so: –
- to comply with our legal obligations;
- to exercise our legal rights (for example in court cases);
- for the prevention, detection, investigation of crime or prosecution of offenders; and
- for the protection of our employees and customers.
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. We will retain your data for electronic marketing purposes until such time that you unsubscribe or request for your personal data to be forgotten.
What personal data do we collect?
Solleys Farms Ice Cream Ltd may collect the following information about you:
- your name;
- your contact details: postal address including billing and delivery addresses, telephone numbers (including mobile numbers);
- your e-mail address;
- your online browsing activities on our website;
- your password(s) (Trade customers only)
- your communication and marketing preferences;
- your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses;
- your location;
- your correspondence and communications with Solleys Farms Ice Cream Ltd; and
- other publicly available personal data, including any which you have shared via a public platform (such as a Twitter feed or public Facebook page).
As part of the registration process for our e-newsletter, we collect personal information. We use that information for a couple of reasons: to keep you up to date with our news, events & offers; to contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information; to check our records are right and to check every now and then that you’re happy and satisfied.
Our website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
This list is not exhaustive and, in specific instances, we may need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this Policy. Some of the above personal data is collected directly, for example when you set up an online account on our website (trade customers only), or send an email to our customer services team. Other personal data is collected indirectly, for example your browsing activity. We may also collect personal data from third parties who have your consent to pass your details to us, or from publicly available sources.
You have the following rights:
- the right to ask what personal data that we hold about you at any time;
- the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you free of charge; and
- (as set out above) the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact details set out below.
Solleys Farms Ice Cream Ltd, The Dairy, Church Lane, Ripple, Deal, Kent CT14 8JL